Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dead Bunny Rabbits

We're in Minneapolis right now (and I'll be uploading a bunch of photos later today), but in the mean time I'd like to share a little story about bunny rabbits. The other night Tyler and I were driving through Wyoming on highway 59 (I think) which isn't a national highway but a state one, meaning it's tiny, poorly lit, and you can drive 100 miles an hour. That is, when it's light out.

We drove through it in the dead of night. I was casually taking a nap when Tyler suddenly screamed and I jumped up. The reason for the scream was immediately revealed as poor Tyler exclaimed that he had run over a rabbit. He felt horrible so I offered to say a little goodbye prayer that went something like this:

Dear bunny rabbit
We hardly knew you
But we'd rather you live free
And die quickly under our wheels
Than live forever in a cage.

The following hours were perhaps the most murderous of our entire lives. These poor little bunny rabbits kept running in front of the car and committing suicide. I kept screaming every time I saw one on the side of the road -- it was brutal. At one point Tyler swerved the car (a dangerous thing to do, don't try this at home) when he saw a godzilla rabbit sitting on his hind legs in the middle of the road.

And that's my story. More photos to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home